- What do I need to bring with me?
- Our plans include kimono underwear, tabi (socks), zori (sandals), bags, etc., so you don’t need to bring anything. If you are concerned about cold weather or sweating, both men and women can wear a light tank top or T-shirt with an open neck (such as a V-neck shirt). We can dress you in the kimono over the shirt.
- Can I choose my obi and accessories?
- In principle, our staff will select an obi and accessories (bag and zori [sandals]) to match the kimono you have chosen. However, please tell us if you would like to choose your own items. We also rent out other Japanese-style accessories (fees apply).Click here
- What sizes do you offer?
- We have a wide range of sizes to fit many different customers. Both men and women size XL or above should contact us in advance.
- What sizes do you have for tabi (socks) and zori (sandals)?
- These items are one size fits all.
- Do you sell kimono?
- Yes. If you would like to purchase one of our rental kimono, please ask and we will sell you a new version of the item.
- What happens if I dirty, damage, or lose the kimono I rented?
- We don’t want you to be so worried about dirtying your kimono that you can’t enjoy wearing it, so please have fun walking around Kyoto in kimono with peace of mind. If you do dirty your kimono while out and about, you do not have to launder or repair it by yourself. If you know the source of the dirt, such as what kind of food it was, please let us know when you return the kimono.
Please note that we may ask you to pay repair charges or other expenses for significant damage or dirt.
- Do you offer a kimono rental service early in the morning or late at night?
- Yes, we provide this optional service outside of our business hours (fees apply).Click here
- Do you have kimono besides those shown on the website?
- Yes, we offer a wide range of kimono for each plan.
- How long does the kimono dressing take?
- It takes around 30 to 60 minutes to dress each person, from check-in at the shop until completion. Please note that more time may be required when the shop is crowded.
- Can I wear a kimono if I am pregnant?
- Yes, at your own risk.
- Do you charge for hair styling?
- We offer elaborate hair styling by a professional stylist (fees apply).Click here
- Do you rent out kanzashi (hair ornaments)?
- Yes, we do. Fees are charged for some kanzashi, so please take a look at them and choose on the day of your visit.
- Do you charge a cancellation fee?
- A cancellation fee, totaling 100% of the plan price, applies for same-day cancellations.
- How do I pay?
- You can pay via cash or credit card on the day of your visit.：VISA、MasterCard、UnionPay、JCB、AMEX、Diners
- Can I leave my baggage at the shop?
- You can leave your baggage at the shop (excluding valuables). With our optional service, you can also leave your suitcase at the shop (fees apply).Click here
- Can you send my baggage to my hotel?
- With our optional service, you can have your baggage delivered to your hotel (fees apply).Click here
- When do I return my kimono?
- The return deadline is 30 minutes before closing
- What happens if I miss the return deadline?
- Please contact us if you will be late.
- Can I extend my rental period?
- You can use next-day return option (fees apply) to extend until 4:00 p.m. on the following day.Click here
- Do you offer group reservations?
- Yes. Please inquire using the online contact us form.
- What happens to lost-and-found items?
- We will keep lost-and-found items for two weeks after we discover them. If we don’t hear from you within two weeks, the item will be disposed of (however, food items will be disposed of on the same day and socks on the following day).